acquire future search skills one meeting at a time. The list of useful skills
- Managing large group dynamics.
- Letting people struggle. Living with the unfamiliar.
- Planning with a group that includes skeptics.
- Trusting people to self-manage tasks without prior training.
- Stopping action if people fight or flee.
- Using designs faithful to key concepts and values.
- Saying "no" to conference requests
that defeat the sponsor's purposes.
- Working on your own issues around "looking
good," control, stereotyping, rescuing, lecturing, etc.
There are several ways to speed-up your learning:
Future Search Network.
- Attend public
workshops: Managing a Future Search - a Learning Workshop and Facilitating the Whole System
in the Room.
- Co-manage one or more future searches.
- Work with a mentor.
- Read everything
you can get your hands on.
- Talk with experienced conference facilitators and participants.
- Join self-development activities, skill building and personal